A NEW, NO-LEAD STANDARD.
Effective January 4th, 2015, the government’s No-Lead Act has made leaded brass products obsolete for potable water applications. For our customer’s sake, GPS has transitioned our inventory to lead-free brass.
Here’s how GPS moved to GET THE LEAD OUT!
- All brass used in potable water systems was converted to lead-free.
- All projects moving forward will be built with lead-free brass.
- NOTE: GPS will stock a few key leaded items for use in heating systems only.
- Later this year, all leaded products will appear on pick tickets and invoices with the message “Contains Lead – Not For Use With Potable Water.”
This law affects thousands of products that are intended for use in potable water applications. Below is a list of some of the brass products that are now affected.
- Angle Stops
- Backflow Valves
- Brass Fittings
- Check Valves
- Copper Meter Setters & Insetters
- Corporation Stops
- Curb Stops
- Indirect Tanks
- Meter Fittings & Couplings
- Meter Valves
- Meter Yoke Valves
- Service Fittings & Coupling
- Water Heaters
For more information on the new lead free law, please visit the following sites: